1. Do not kill yourself. Killing yourself is very messy and your mother will cry over you. It is not beautiful or brave, and even if it was, you will not be around to see that.
2. Washing your hair is going to be a chore. But you should do it anyway. Because you will feel better about yourself.
3. Get up late. Have a lay in. Sleep past your alarm. You have a very long life ahead of you and for now you should appreciate the cold side of your pillow.
4. He is going to break your heart but he’s just another male human who finds it hard to deal with Mondays, too. So in a month you’ll wake up and you won’t even remember that little scar on his knuckle you kissed.
5. Don’t spend hours looking up what your name means on google. Your name is your name and you should go out there and do heroic and good deeds and give your name your own meaning.
6. Don’t fight your demons. Your demons are here to teach you lessons. Sit down with your demons and have a drink and a chat and learn their names and talk about the burns on their fingers and scratches on their ankles. Some of them are very nice.
7. Music is good for your soul. Rap music will energise you and boost your ego and pop music will cheer you up. Indie music will make you think and emotional songs will make you cry and think about that boy again. It’s healthy.
8. Victim complexes are not attractive. Boys and girls will not date you because you are sad. They are not going to date you and kiss your aching bones and cure you of your dragging depression. Wake up. Take a bath. Do your hair. Be attractive.
9. Sadness is not poetic. Depression is not beautiful. Laying in bed all day and eating too much is lazy and disgusting and it is not tragic or pretty. Get up. Go outside. Let the sun warm your bones. Live.
10. If it makes you happy, buy twenty of it. Dedicate your life to it. Print it on tv shirts and collect things and draw art of it. Do not care what people think. They are the unhappy people you need to avoid. The abuse they will hurl at you is painless compared to how sad they are. Pity them. Remain happy.
11. You are allowed to he angry. But the world is not working against you. The flowers do not bloom for you and when your mother shouts ask her if she is okay instead of thinking she hates you. She never will. The world walks beside you and is silent. It does not trip you up or carry you.
12. Day and night cycles are natural. Humans only sleep at night because we used to avoid predators in the dark because of our poor eyesight. Stay awake until 5am watching bad reality shows. Wake up at 7pm and have breakfast.
13. Eat when you are hungry. Being bored does not constitute a chocolate bar. Sleep with you are tired. Do not mindlessly obey the sleep at night rule. If you are not tired, do not sleep.
So I had a dream last night where a very Jade Harley-esque girl and I were really good friends and I had feelings for her, then in the end she told me how much she was in love with someone else. Like seriously EVEN IN MY DREAMS?!
Hi! A lot of people have been asking about this, and It never struck me that people post things on tumblr they didn’t create themselves!
The song is a piece written, preformed, and remixed by me for my good friend Emily Hu and her weird fascination with shipping Jake/Dirk. I literally sat down, intoxicated, at a keyboard and improvised a some ragtime on the spot. (I am a pianist of 22 years) Later I went back and cleaned it up and remixed it for her nefarious purposes!
Music composition is my fulltime job, and I was planning on selling this track on an album, so I had never released a download link, until today! In the end seeing how many people liked this piece I decided against selling it. Happy Valentines day everybody!
If you enjoyed this piece the first time around reblog and spread the word, so everyone can get some free music! My gift to you!
Anybody else getting tired of hearing this? And often from people who’ve actually experienced it or who don’t actually care themselves. Appreciate the sentiment, but that’s not what we lonely people want to hear. I’d be damn surprised if someone actually ever had a crush on me, not that I can blame anybody who hasn’t so far.